Job Title: Senior Project Manager: Wetland Biologist/Ecologist
Primary Location: Center, Texas, based
Project Locations: Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas
Advanced Ecology Ltd. (AEL) was established in 1994 as an environmental firm of professionals and scientists who restore and conserve environmental assets, wetlands, streams and species habitat. Along with affiliate company, Mitigation Solutions USA (MSUSA); AEL is a national leader in establishing and maintaining environmental offsets and mitigation solutions for many markets. We currently have an ownership interest in and manage more than 20 Mitigation projects.
The ideal candidate will possess experience with mitigation project, planning, permitting and design, construction oversight, and monitoring. This should include the development of technical documents required to meet the regulatory criteria for mitigation banks and/or permittee-responsible mitigation sites for permitting. These technical documents may include:
• Project cost and budget estimates
• Mitigation or Conservation Bank prospectus
• Preliminary wetland jurisdictional determinations
• Baseline conditional assessments
• Mitigation work plans
• Banking instruments
• Conservation easements
• Financial assurances justification and documents
As a project manager; work with the Interagency Review Team (IRT) to make sure our current Mitigation Banks and future projects comply with all applicable regulations. Also, during the banking review process evaluate IRT comments and either develop justification for concepts in our document or modify our document to incorporate the IRT comments. Additionally, schedule and oversee annual mitigation bank monitoring, once complete develop and submit the monitoring report to the USACE and IRT. Such activities and tasks will include, but may not be limited to:
• Presenting projects for IRT review and feedback
• Develop and/or modify Mitigation Banking documents
• Responding to public notice comments
• Coordinating and conducting site visits and meetings with IRT
• Supporting/defending site-specific analyses results and findings during IRT meetings
• Conducting conflict resolution and negotiations with the IRT
• Identify and develop future Mitigation and Conservation Bank sites
• Oversee mitigation bank annual monitoring and reporting
BS or MS Degree in natural resource management, or similar educational background (e.g. Environmental Science, Forestry, Wildlife Biology)
• 5+ years specialized experience in wetland, stream, and/or species mitigation. Competencies in Mitigation Bank and PRM permitting, mitigation plan development and mitigation bank management.
• Experience identifying and assessing potential sites for wetland or stream mitigation banks and PRM sites.
• Experience with field data collection and sampling techniques, including monitoring and stream gauge installation, automated data logger operation, data analysis, and GPS-based sampling
• Technical knowledge of the various ecoregions and watersheds within Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana
• Basic understanding and/or training in fluvial geomorphology as it pertains to restoration, design and construction oversight
• A basic understanding of project budget tracking and reporting
• Willingness and ability to travel and conduct field work
• Post-construction monitoring, including adherence to project-specific performance standards and monitoring protocols
• Monitoring data collection and analysis, report development with some experience in monitoring stream restoration projects
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and a technical staff
• Effective communication, organization, and technical writing skills
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Experience with the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Section 404/401 permitting processes, including wetland/waters of the US permitting, mitigation, and restoration
• High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently with limited supervision, as well as in a collaborative team environment
This is an “at-will employment” position.
Competitive salary depending on experience. Advanced Ecology, Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Submit a letter of interest and resume to “Info@adv-eco.com”. When emailing credentials, please include “Senior Project Manager: Wetland Biologist/Ecologist ” in the subject line of your email.
Following our review of applications, we will then contact specific applicants for further evaluation. No phone calls, please.
Advanced Ecology (AEL) is an equal opportunity employer and does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Our office is a non-smoking environment.
Advanced Ecology, Ltd.
2557 East Highway 7
Center, TX 75035
You have already applied for this job. Thank you for your interest!