The Advanced Ecology Education Fund (AEEF) Scholarship Allocation Committee is accepting applications for college students enrolled in earth sciences and/or natural resource management disciplines for the Fall semester of 2019.
Advanced Ecology, Ltd. (AEL) and Bird Forestry, the forestry division of AEL, are owned and operated by foresters and wildlife biologists whose goal is to bridge the gap between increasing environmental regulations and traditional natural resource management. The mission of our company is to develop and implement sound environmental practices that yield solutions compatible with the needs of society and the environment while maintaining sound economic principles. The educational background and experience of our foresters and biologists allow us to successfully attain these goals. We feel that by nurturing and encouraging students to excel in the natural resource disciplines, we will further the cause of facilitating environmentally sound natural resource management. This includes awarding scholarships to deserving students who are pursuing careers in this area of expertise.
In 2007, AEL established the AEEF, a 501(c)(3) Corporation, to provide scholarships for college students in the earth sciences and/or natural resource management disciplines. This scholarship is awarded to college students in good standing with their associated university and is based on the merit of the applicant. Scholarship awards are made at the recommendation of the AEEF Scholarship Allocation Committee and approved by the CEO of AEL.
1) Actively pursuing a degree in natural resource management
2) Currently enrolled in at least 12 semester hours found on an approved plan similar to those offered at Stephen F. Austin State University, Texas A&M University, Texas Tech University, or Louisiana Tech University
3) Minimum College GPA of 2.75 or higher or High School GPA of 3.0 or higher if in freshman year of college
4) Application and all materials must be postmarked by May 31, 2019
Candidates must provide strong evidence that they are pursuing a career in the earth sciences and/or natural resource management field. A candidate must, at a minimum, be enrolled in their freshman year of college. In addition, the candidate must have achieved, and continue to maintain, a grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. If this is the candidate’s first semester of college, the final grade point average of their high school career must be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Candidates must include a final high school transcript, copies of transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities, and a current transcript. In addition, the candidate must submit a letter of recommendation and an essay (between 500-800 words) addressing the following:
1) What are your career objectives and your short- and long-term goals?
2) How is the current program in which you are enrolled going to facilitate your goals and dreams?
3) What role has natural resources and/or the environment played in your life?
1) A completed application (Download the application)
2) Current college transcript or, if in freshmen year of college, your final high school transcript
3) One letter of recommendation from a teacher (sealed in an envelope with signature on flap)
4) Proof of acceptance at a four-year college/university in the field of forestry, environmental science, or natural resources
5) Essay (500-800 words, 12 pt type, double-spaced) answering the three questions listed above under “Criteria”
Failure to meet any of the criteria outlined or to submit all materials requested will disqualify your entry. Follow directions carefully.
Please submit the signed and dated application form, essay, letter of recommendation, and all necessary transcripts to the following address no later than May 31, 2019.
Advanced Ecology, Ltd.
c/o AEEF Scholarship Allocation Committee
2557 State Highway 7 East
If you would like to join us in furthering environmentally sound natural resource management education, the Advanced Ecology Education Fund, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) corporation and a donation to the AEEF is fully tax deductible. Please contact us if you are interested in donating.